Monday, November 14, 2011

Girl Scout Ceremony at St. Pats

Girl Scout Troupe 10210 Bronze Award Ceremony: Friday June 4th at St. Pats of Heatherdowns.

These 10 girls honored tonight collected over 600 items for animals that was all donated to the Toledo Humane Society. They also donated monetary donation that they had saved from their troupe account to also help with other things needed. Items were used by the TAHS to keep clean cages and litter boxes, plus food items that were given to families with pets that were having a difficult time and couldn't afford pet food. Some other items such as plastic bags were used to put pet medicines in and distribute with adopted pets and so much much more. They gained the support of their school, church and neighborhoods getting the donated items collected. They used the TAHS as their main project for the year and by working very hard logging many more hours than the required for this level of award the Maumee Valley Girl Scout Council awarded each scout with the Bronze medal and certificate. What an inspiration these young girls are.

I was invited by the troupe to come and speak at their award ceremony. Hard work and determination can lead to success and fulfilling goals and I was so honored to be a part of the ceremony celebrating an outstanding accomplishment of these 10 young girls. Afterwards, we had refreshments and I signed autographs and got to talk to each one of the girls and had my picture taken with the group and each girl individually.

Congratulations to the Troupe, the 10 Girl scouts, their Leaders, Leslie & Jenna and the parents for such Amazing young girls!!

























These girls are amazing and were wonderful to talk to. They truly touched my heart and I felt like I could relate to some and understand what they go through just because of the things that I have gone through in my life. These are the young girls that I want to be a role model for and give them smiles to keep striving for their dreams just like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment